Veterinarian Tech License Defense

As a veterinarian tech, you are held to specific moral and ethical standards in the workplace and your private life. Even though you work under a veterinarian, you are still responsible for a lot of animal care. So, you must have a license that is approved by the North Carolina Veterinary Medical Board. You must adhere to the standards and regulations of this board to earn and keep your license so that you can continue to work. When a complaint is filed against your license, it can be confusing. Should you handle your case? What type of lawyer should you even hire? We recommend hiring a lawyer that has experience handling professional licensing cases.

Remington & Dixon, PLLC is a law firm that focuses on professional license defense cases. We know how important your job is and how difficult it can be to face the loss of your license. Whether you are at risk of losing your license over allegations or criminal charges, we can help. It’s important that you hire a lawyer as soon as you know that your license is at risk. It takes time to build a proper defense, and this board decision could change your entire life. If you are facing discipline or the potential loss of your veterinary tech license, you need to contact us immediately. Contact us today to set up your appointment.

Who can file a complaint against you?

To be a veterinary tech, you need to have a license to practice. A board is responsible for making sure that you are complying with the regulations and rules of your license. Receiving a complaint will always prompt an investigation. You could receive a complaint from anyone. It could be a person that knows you professionally or personally. For example, if your neighbor knows that you pled guilty to a DWI, they might report your activity to the board. Then, the board would need to investigate to determine your substance abuse issues and if you should face disciplinary action.

What happens after I get notified of a complaint?

You need to contact an attorney. Many veterinary techs don’t take their complaints seriously. At the worst, most techs think that they will receive a suspension. Most professionals don’t realize how easy it is to lose their licenses. So, it would help if you had an experienced lawyer in your corner to represent you. It is possible to represent yourself, but even the board will have lawyers. So, you are immediately at a disadvantage if you choose to handle everything on your own.

What happens in an investigation?

The board will receive the complaint and then open up a case. You will be notified of a case being opened, and then an investigator will be assigned. Once the investigator researches the complaint, they will hand over their evidence to the board. Your legal counsel will advise you of your rights and the information that you must provide. Then, the board must deliberate and make a decision. They could recommend disciplinary action that could be public or private. You can have your license suspended or revoked. So, it would be best if you took every complaint and allegation seriously.

I just got a DWI, can I keep my license?

It depends. The board reviews every case individually, and they make their decision based on the evidence provided. So, the best chance you have at keeping your license is to have an experienced professional license defense lawyer in your corner. We can build your defense and reduce the negative impact on your reputation.

Hire a skilled veterinary tech license lawyer today

If you want to keep your license, the best thing you can do is hire an experienced professional licensing attorney. It’s important that you give yourself the best chance when starting your hearing. Hiring an attorney, the minute you find out about your board hearing is the best option. Contact us immediately to schedule your consultation.


Are consultations free?

While we offer a free consultation on traffic matters, criminal matters, and most professional license defense cases, we charge a fee for family law consultations to personalize our consultations to your specific needs. To learn about our fee structure, please get in touch.

Where can I get legal advice?

We recommend meeting with an attorney. While there is free legal help available for North Carolina residents from pro bono resources for civil matters, and public defenders for criminal cases, the best way to access tailored advice is to hire a lawyer.

Can I hire you if I’m in another state?

This is done on a case by case basis if you are involved in a family law, criminal, or professional disciplinary matter that involves another jurisdiction.



"*" indicates required fields

With a Consultation

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.