Surveyor License Defense

Being a land surveyor is a vital career path that requires you to have a professional license. Even though you work hard to get your license, it can be surprisingly easy to lose it. If there has been a complaint filed against you, will initiate an investigation to determine the outcome of your case. Even though the board is an impartial entity, they aren’t on your side. They are meant to protect the public as well as land surveyors. The only way that you will have someone on your side is if you hire an experienced attorney. The minute that your license is in jeopardy, you should seek out the services of a skilled lawyer.

Remington and Dixon, PLLC is a law firm that focuses on professional license defense. We have successfully handled numerous cases, helping professionals keep their licenses. If you do lose your license, how will you support yourself and your family? You could find yourself looking for a new career path. Now you will have to dedicate more time and education to obtain a new job. You don’t want to risk losing your license by nothaving experienced legal counsel. If you are facing discipline or the loss of your surveyor license, you have no time to lose. Contact us today to go over your options.

How could I lose my license?

There are several ways that you could lose your license. If you commit fraud while obtaining your license, this is a severe issue. Once the board investigates your case, they could strip you of your license. It is vital that you have a lawyer in your corner that will fight for your interests.

Another way to lose your license is through a criminal conviction. If you are found guilty of a crime of moral turpitude, you could find your license at risk. A lawyer can help advise you on whether you have been convicted in one of these types of crimes. It would help if you didn’t gamble with the outcome of your license hearing.

A complaint is another way that you can lose your license. A claim can be filed by many different types of people, including coworkers, employers, and other citizens. These complaints must be investigated, regardless of where they originate. It would be best if you were prepared to fight for your license through this process with the help of an experienced attorney.

What happens after a complaint is filed?

Once a complaint is filed, the board will open an investigation. You will receive notification that a case has been opened. An investigator will be assigned to your case, and they will investigate the validity of the complaint. Once they conclude their investigation, they will give their information to the board. Then, the board will decide the outcome of the case. If you hire an experienced attorney, they can represent you throughout this entire process. Once a decision has been given, you can always appeal it. However, you will be far more successful with the help of a skilled lawyer.


Do I need to hire an attorney?

Yes. We have seen so many cases of professionals losing their licenses because they tried to handle everything on their own. You don’t deserve to have everything you’ve worked for destroyed because you deal with the investigation and/or on your own. Improve your odds of success by enlisting the help of an experienced professional license defense lawyer.

Hire a professional license defense lawyer

It would help if you had a lawyer that has experience in professional license defense cases. If you’ve been notified of an investigation or upcoming hearing, you need to contact us today. Call us to set up your appointment.


Are consultations free?

While we offer a free consultation on traffic matters, criminal matters, and most professional license defense cases, we charge a fee for family law consultations to personalize our consultations to your specific needs. To learn about our fee structure, please get in touch.

Where can I get legal advice?

We recommend meeting with an attorney. While there is free legal help available for North Carolina residents from pro bono resources for civil matters, and public defenders for criminal cases, the best way to access tailored advice is to hire a lawyer.

Can I hire you if I’m in another state?

This is done on a case by case basis if you are involved in a family law, criminal, or professional disciplinary matter that involves another jurisdiction.



"*" indicates required fields

With a Consultation

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.