Real Estate Agent License Defense

Being a real estate agent, or a broker, in North Carolina, means that you need to adhere to a strict set of standards. If you don’t comply with these standards, you can receive disciplinary actions from the North Carolina Real Estate Commission. So, facing any issue that can affect your license can be devastating. You’ve worked hard to build your real estate career, and you could have your license suspended or revoked. If you’re worried about potentially losing your license or any other discipline, you need to contact our office immediately.

Remington & Dixon, PLLC is a firm experienced in handling real estate agent license defense cases. We understand how important your professional license is to your life. If you lose your license, you will have to look for a new career. All the effort you put into building your career would be in vain. We will work tirelessly minimize any damage so that you can move on in your career. If you’re in danger of losing your license, contact our offices today. Call us to schedule your consultation.

What are common complaints with the Commission?

If you’re going to work as a real estate agent in North Carolina, you must follow the rules and laws of the Commission. When you don’t follow the rules, you’re opening yourself up to disciplinary action. Some of the most common examples of complaints are:

– Giving legal advice with no license

– Drafting legal documents without a license

– Not representing clients with the proper standards

– Omitting important information when selling properties

– Self-dealing

– Making promises to get clients to enter into contracts

What should I do if I’m facing disciplinary actions?

It would help if you were serious about your case from the beginning. Many real estate agents try to handle their cases on their own, and this is a huge mistake. You’re used to selling properties and not handling legal cases. You need to hire a lawyer the moment you find out about your complaints. Your lawyer will help you build a defense strategy and protect your interests throughout the case.

As a realtor, you’re not allowed to practice law

Real estate brokers must understand that they’re not allowed to practice law. Many clients of real estate agents file complaints about receiving legal advice. These clients get guidance from agents and brokers, but lawyers are the only ones who can give this advice. Brokers and agents should contact attorneys to help guide their clients. Failure to do contact a lawyer could result in you finding yourself in front of the Commission.

How can I protect myself after a complaint?

The best thing that you can do to protect yourself is to hire an attorney. An experienced lawyer can guide you through the process and advise you of your rights. Your legal counsel can also attempt to negotiate a settlement that reduces the damage to your license, if that is in your best interests. We would also represent you in your hearing in front of the Commission.

You are allowed to have legal representation during an investigation. You also have deadlines when responding to the Commission, and it’s easy to miss these when you’re handling your case on your own. Don’t jeopardize your real estate license by handing your complaints by yourself.

Hire a skilled real estate agent license defense attorney

You deserve to have a knowledgeable professional license defense lawyer in your corner to help you handle your licensing issues. It can be exhausting trying to handle your case on your own, and you risk losing everything if you lose your license. Contact us today to go over the details of your case.


Are consultations free?

While we offer a free consultation on traffic matters, criminal matters, and most professional license defense cases, we charge a fee for family law consultations to personalize our consultations to your specific needs. To learn about our fee structure, please get in touch.

Where can I get legal advice?

We recommend meeting with an attorney. While there is free legal help available for North Carolina residents from pro bono resources for civil matters, and public defenders for criminal cases, the best way to access tailored advice is to hire a lawyer.

Can I hire you if I’m in another state?

This is done on a case by case basis if you are involved in a family law, criminal, or professional disciplinary matter that involves another jurisdiction.



"*" indicates required fields

With a Consultation

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.