Having a valid license as a teacher in North Carolina is very crucial. It is the only way you will be allowed to teach at any public school. That is why you need to be very careful regarding all matters involving your permit.
As a teacher, it is vital that you conduct yourself in a manner that befits your profession. Every state has its guidelines on this. Adhering to the Charlotte, NC code of conduct ensures that the students under you are taken care of and safe. Any time you go against what is in this code, you risk having your license suspended.
It is a long and tiring process to acquire a license, and this gets worse when you have it suspended. That is why whenever you find yourself in trouble with the law; you need to consult an attorney. He will not only help you not get suspended but also prove your innocence of the charges filed.
What Charges Can Lead to Teaching License Suspension: Do I Need a Teaching License Defense Attorney?
Since teachers are an essential part of the education of children, they need to behave in a specific manner. Whenever there is a report about a teacher conducting themselves in a way that is unacceptable, their license is suspended. Some of the accusations that can lead to that include:
- Drug and alcohol abuse. As a teacher, you should never abuse drugs as it will lead to impairment while working. That type of abuse often leads to other problems like criminal activities that are unacceptable.
- Criminal activities. If you are accused of doing anything that is illegal like theft or selling drugs your license may be taken.
- Sexual charges. They are one of the most serious charges that you can get. In case that happens, you need an excellent Charlotte, NC defense lawyer to assist you.
- Violation of ethics. There are basic ethics of working as a teacher that you may be accused of going against. That can have not only severe effects on your career regarding suspension but your reputation.
- That you used illegal means to get to where you are or to get your license is a serious charge. It almost always leads to an immediate suspension unless you have a great Charlotte, NC defense lawyer.
If you find yourself falsely accused of any of the mentioned charges, what you need is a defense attorney. He will work with you to find the truth and how to present it in court or to the board.
How Can A Teaching License Defense Attorney Help in Your Case?
Whether you are guilty or innocent in the case, a good lawyer will help prevent the suspension of your license. Here are some of the things that Charlotte, NC lawyer will help with that you cannot do on your own:
Formulate a Defense
It is vital that you tell the lawyer everything involving the case and it has to be the truth. With this, he can come up with a great defense that will prove that the charges are false. In this way, either the case is dismissed, or you are found innocent of all charges. If there was a suspension of your license, you would get it back. You could then go back to doing what you love.
Gather Evidence and Witnesses
It is difficult to prove your innocence without any proof. That is why the lawyer will get that for you. In case it is a Charlotte, NC misconduct case, he can gather witnesses to help you. He may interview anyone that is involved and come up with a list of those that are helpful to you.
Guide You on Testifying
If there is a hearing at the school for the charges about your conduct, you have to give your account. It is important to have guidance on how to correctly do that since you can easily incriminate yourself. Your license defense attorney will guide you on what to say and exactly how to say it.
Contact Remington & Dixon PLLC for Your Teaching License Defense
You have worked so hard and overcome many hurdles to get to where you are. It is unfortunate to find yourself with false charges against you, which is why we are here to help. At Remington & Dixon PLLC we have extensive experience in defending teachers against losing their licenses. We will work with you to get to the root of the matter and find a way to absolve you. Get in touch with us for a consultation on your teaching license defense.